Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Anti wrinkle skin care products continue to climb in both popularity and as a way to fight aging. It was not too long ago that the medical community t


Carla Sosenko, a well known writer and Associate Copy Chief at Bauer Publishing, has revealed that she is suffering from Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome.

Carla has written abour her condition in an essay in Marie Claire and also on her blog. She says “my right leg is larger than my left and trails slightly when I walk; my back is an uneven, fatty slab with a dense lump above the waist; and a gigantic port-wine stain reaches around my broad torso and down toward my right thigh.”

Medically, Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome (KTS) is a congenital circulatory disorder characterized by hemangiomas (abnormal benign growths on the skin consisting of masses of blood vessels), arteriovenous abscesses, and varicose veins, usually on the limbs. The affected limbs may be enlarged and warmer than normal. Fused toes or fingers, or extra toes or fingers, may be present. Bleeding may occur, often as a result of a rectal or vaginal tumor. The cause of the disorder is unknown.

The even worse part is “There is no cure for KTS. Treatment is symptomatic. KTS is a progressive disorder, and complications may be life-threatening.”

Check out the amazing story here and note the remarkable ending “My story doesn’t begin or end with K-T. I have a full social calendar, a job that I love, excellent clothes, a teeny-tiny nose ring, a filthy mouth, and a badass triangle pose. Most important, I have family and friends who care about me.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I\/I 3 I\/I @ I\I I\/I 3 I) I C I I\I © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner